Quick and dirty guide to getting Linux Mint's amazing backgrounds under Ubuntu.
- Go to http://packages.linuxmint.com and search for linuxmint-keyring in the most recent release, which is Serena at the time of this writing.
- Download the most recent package in, which is 2016.05.26 at the time of this writing, by clicking on the "all (4.2 KB)" link.
- Install the package by running
sudo dpkg -i ~/Downloads/linuxmint-keyring-*inside a terminal, or by navigating to your Downloads directory inside the file browser and double clicking on it.
4) Run this inside a terminal:
echo "deb http://packages.linuxmint.com serena main" | sudo dd of=/etc/apt/sources.list.d/mint.list
5) Run this inside a terminal:
sudo apt update
6) Run this to get a list of packages:
apt-cache search mint-backgrounds
7) Run this to install a package:
sudo apt install mint-backgrounds-serena